Re: Inertial vs gravitational mass

"Again I am not sure what you mean by finding inertial mass via pendulum
period. A pendulum period would not reveal any information about inertial
mass."

Cliff Parker

I beg your pardon, please explain.

bc

cliff parker wrote:

Your initial post contained the line

"Students understand a relationship HAS to exist; and yet, what is the
rationale?"

It was not clear to me what relationship you were referring to, thus my
question. I thought that perhaps you wondered why a more massive object's
period was more than a less massive object.

"Are you talking about the relationship between occultation period and
mass
or relationship between gravitational mass and inertial mass?"
Cliff Parker

What's the difference between "occultation period" mass and inertial mass?

I don't understand what you mean by "occultation period" mass.

How else could one define mass in terms of it's inertia (rather than
weight), other than via pendulum period?