Re: A Geometrical Proof of the Non-invariance of the Spacetime In terval

I'd be careful with the coordinate labels:

Allow me to reword one of your paragraphs:

One person is going at v=0. The other is going at v<<c.

Let's call the v=0 person frame F and the v<<c person F'

Each measures event A (breakfast) occurring at a particular point in
space-time (x1,t1) and event B (lunch) occurring at a particular point
in space-time (x2,t2).

Each measures event A (breakfast) occurring at a particular point in
space-time labeled (x1,t1) by F and (x1',t1') by F' and event B (lunch) at a
different point in space-time labeled (x2,t2) by F and (x2',t2') by F'

I think DH is bothered by the fact that F' says |x2'-x1'| = 0 while F says
|x2-x1| = LA--->San Diego distance.

As I understand the misconception, it has little to do with SR, as the same
statements can be made with a Galilean Relativistic model (i.e. v<<c). I.e.
both the Lorentz transformation or the Galilean transformation equations say

|x2'-x1'| != |x2-x1|

So I believe v<<c is not germane to the misconception.

Joel R