Re: A Geometrical Proof of the Non-invariance of the Spacetime In terval

This may be obvious to others, but I'll keep at it.

It appears to me that the problem is that you think person F' can not
determine the city in which they are located at any particular time. Which
as your intuition is telling you is patently absurd. And *is not* the
implication of SR.

Sure his stomach's coordinates are always zero, but the spatial coordinates
of breakfast as measured by F' is a different question than what city
breakfast occured in and F' is fully capable of answering either question.

F' can easily determine in what city he ate breakfast. His stomach is the
origin of F' and he eats breakfast at t' = 0. So the coordinate location of
breakfast is F's origin, as is lunch. But the city in which breakfast
occured is simply determined by F' noticing that LA's coordinates are also
at the origin at breakfast (hence breakfast is in LA). But San Diego's
coordinates are at the origin when he eats lunch, therefore he concludes
that he at lunch in the city of San Diego.

Joel