Re: A Geometrical Proof of the Non-invariance of the Spacetime Interval

David Rutherford wrote:

For anybody who has looked at my paper,

http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/newtransform.pdf

I've made a correction to the last paragraph in Section 6. I don't
really want to discuss it in this thread; I just wanted those who've
looked at it to know there's been a change. It's related to what's being
discussed here.

I'm a little curious why you bother to bring ideas up before this group.
Everyone who has responded (unless I've missed posts to the contrary) has
tried to point out to you that measuring the interval between events by
using coordinates from another observers frame of reference is simply wrong
headed.

You then inform the group of your correction to Section 6 of your treatise,
which I quote here:
:
"It is also important to note that the unprimed frame is considered to be
the rest frame of the events, in this case. Therefore, measurements are
made, in the primed frame, between the apparent positions and times of the
events (italics) in the unprimed frame. (end italics)"

This basically announces to the group that you are simply dismissing their
attempts to enter a dialogue which you invited everyone to participate in,
and that you are going to plunge ahead with your idiosyncratic redefinition
of terms.

I make no attempt here to speak for others - this is just my own reaction to
your last post.

Bob at PC