Re: classroom quotations

I think your request was appropriate for this list as you were asking for
personal favorites.

Here are some:

<http://www.angelfire.com/tx/StatBook/physics.html>

<http://www.stephenjaygould.org/quotations.html>

<http://www.stephenjaygould.org/library.html>

<http://www.2think.org/quotes1.html>
particularly the quotes from Gould's Full House (a fantastic book)

<http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~strigari/quotes.html>

As you can tell, I am quite the Stephen Jay Gould fan.

I also have found the prefaces to Craig Bohren's books to be stimulating:
Clouds in a Glass of Beer
What Light Through Yonder Window Breaks
Atmospheric Thermodynamics

And of course so much by Feynman such as:
<http://eduweb.brandonu.ca/~science/feynman.htm>

Larry Woolf; General Atomics; San Diego, CA 92121; Phone 858-455-4475;
<file://www.sci-ed-ga.org>www.sci-ed-ga.org