Re: A Geometrical Proof of the Non-invariance of the Spacetime Interval

Michael Burns-Kaurin wrote:

David Rutherford wrote:

In Special Relativity, the spatial coordinates assigned to an event are
fixed at the position of its occurrence in each frame, for all times.
The location of E1 is at x = 0 in F, for all times, and at x' = 0 in F',
for all times. Unfortunately, x = 0 and x' = 0 do not coincide for t > 0
and t' > 0.

True, but not important. Your original post deals with the spacetime
interval between events. The spacetime interval is specified by both
position and time. To find the spacetime interval, you must use both the
position and time you specified for E1, that is, t=0 and x=0, and t'=0 and
x'=0.

If, by spacetime interval, you mean the _magnitude_ of the separation in
spacetime between E1 and E2, I agree that it is invariant. But, as I
pointed out in previous posts in this thread, that is not what I'm
referring to. I pointed out that my terminology might be incorrect for
the reasons that I stated in one of those posts. If it's not the
magnitude of the spacetime interval between E1 and E2 that you are
referring to, please let me know.

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf