Re: A Geometrical Proof of the Non-invariance of the Spacetime Interval

Michael Burns-Kaurin wrote:

In the original post, you say "The location of E1, in F and F', in this
case, is at the origins of each frame, at all times." This statement lacks
meaning. An event occurs at a particular place and time. You cannot ask
where an event occurs "at all times". Your first Lorentz transformation
correctly locates E1 at x'=0 and t'=0, given that it occurs at x=0 and t=0.

By "The location of E1, in F and F'", I meant "The spatial coordinates
of E1, in F anf F'". I didn't mean that the event keeps on happening,
for all times.

You cannot then locate E1 at x'=0 for all times, since an event occurs at a
definite time.

In Special Relativity, the spatial coordinates assigned to an event are
fixed at the position of its occurrence in each frame, for all times.
The location of E1 is at x = 0 in F, for all times, and at x' = 0 in F',
for all times. Unfortunately, x = 0 and x' = 0 do not coincide for t > 0
and t' > 0.

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf