Re: unexpected obstacles

On Thursday, December 19, 2002 9:18 AM, Tina Fanetti wrote:

I can't believe that the eled aren't resitant in the physics class. =
Most of the ones I know/have are very resistant. All of them say: Wh=
y do I have to take this? It's not like I will be doing this in my c=
lass.

The question is not "why do I have to take this" but "why are you making
me think". We find the upperclassmen science majors raise the latter
more than the freshmen eled majors.

I have one student who is made cause the class isn't like her high sc=
hool class and she is failing. She has a bad attitude. (I don't get=
it, I wont get it etc). Its so frustrating.

I've also received this comment, but from upperclassmen science majors.
Perhaps the difference is that our eled majors never took physics in
high school?

Robert Cohen; rcohen@po-box.esu.edu; 570-422-3428; http://www.esu.edu/~bbq
Physics, East Stroudsburg Univ., E. Stroudsburg, PA 18301