Re: Meauring Volts?

"I hope not; this is philosophy.
Ludwik Kowalski"

I thought Physics was Natural Philosophy.

bc

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 01:15 AM, Jim Green wrote:

Well, Ken, we have convincingly demonstrated here that language is a
fumbling point. But aren't "mass" and "color" and "momentum" and
"entropy"
and "energy" properties of a system? If physicists could agree on
anything, maybe it could be the word to use in this
case.: Property? Characteristic? I would agree to any word as long
as it
doesn't imply substance or flowability.

The age of a student is 25 years. Is this a property or a
characteristic? It is both. A silly issue? Yes. Should we
start debating the flowability aspect of this attribute and
its relative nature? I hope not; this is philosophy.
Ludwik Kowalski