Re: Why not accept the term "voltage" ?

I, evidently mistakenly, thought dictionary editors consulted the users
of technical terms. That I thought was why "we" refer to dictionaries.

bc who only now notices that Dan Mc. worked late sun night.

this post doesn't reflect the opinion of JM et al., but does HG, bc, et
al.

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

***But according to my Webster's dictionary:

"volt-age n. electromotive force, or difference in electric
potential, expressed in volts. "

Your point being ... ?

John from Pomona
(where we openly challenge definitions provided in dictionaries,
especially when they prohibit us from expressing voltage in units of
statvolts or horsepower hours per faraday)