Request for Peer Reviewers for MERLOT

Fellow Phys-Lers,

The physics discipline group of MERLOT has asked me to submit a request to
the list for peer reviewers.

If you are unfamiliar with MERLOT, let me give a short explanation. For
more details peruse:

http://taste.merlot.org/ or http://www.merlot.org/Home.po

MERLOT is a consortium of about 25 University Systems and 5 individual
Universities that operate a clearing house (database) of publicly available
web based learning materials. In physics the predominate types of material
are online simulations, such as the java applets of Christian and Hwang, and
other tutorial sites. If one is looking for a web based learning tool to
use either for classroom use or as part of an assignment this is a
convenient place to look. It provides a catalog of such meaningful sites
along with short descriptions of the learning materials, one can get user
reviews of the material as well as peer reviews. MERLOT members can add the
collection links to their favorite materials. Membership is free and open
to all.

The official statement on the homepage reads as follows:

"MERLOT is a free and open resource designed primarily for faculty and
students of higher education. Links to online learning materials are
collected here along with annotations such as peer reviews and assignments."

There is a large number of physics material cataloged at MERLOT that are in
need of peer reviewing. If you are interested in becoming a peer reviewer
contact Bruce Mason.

e-mail address = bmason@ou.edu

Give him a sentence or two about who you are and your current position. The
time commitment involved is up to you. You could sign on for as much as one
review a month or as little as one a semester.

I encourage anybody interested to contact Bruce Mason.

Joel Rauber