Re: Energy density; the correct one

On Monday, September 30, 2002, at 11:23 AM, Frohne, Vickie wrote:

There is a spirit of openness in the APS. I can't speak for the APS,
but as
far as I know, the only requirements for membership are interest in
physics
and $$$$. Lots of "hairbrained" papers have been presented at APS
meetings.
If you're looking for the abstracts on the APS Web site, it helps to
know
that the last session on the last day of an APS meeting is often
reserved
for the more creative papers.

Ditto the AAPT. If you are disorganized and late you may join the
UFO-ologists in the post-deadline sessions at such meetings. Other
professional groups like NARST and AERA hold peer-reviewed sessions and
turn away lots of papers, but physicists are more likely to listen to
outre ideas. These are sometimes the most entertaining sessions at
these conferences :^).

Exaggerating just a little bit,

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SCIE BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave , Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
macisadl@buffalostate.edu http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu