Re: Surplus weather balloon source?

Edmund Scientific used to have them in their catalog years back. You
might contact them directly to find out if they can still get them.

I also recall that NASA used to have a "weather balloon" launch
program for public schools. Karl

The Stanford University Chemistry Department has given supporters of
Wonderfest, the San Francisco Bay Area Festival of Science
<http://www.wonderfest.org>, permission to fly a huge helium-filled
balloon over their Mudd Chemistry Bldg. to advertise Wonderfest.
They'll supply the helium if we supply the balloon.

The best that I've been able to find on the 'net so far is this:
<http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ohiodeal/balloon.html>. It's
eye-catching, but not particularly big. Does any PHYS-Ler have a
better source?

Thanks,

Tucker
--