Re: [off list] Making Movies for Motion Analysis

Making movies, off list? Not in my opinion!

I remind (already posted by at least two.) that most? digital camcorders also
have the feature of playing back analog tapes in digital and converting an
analog input to digital . These are expensive, but (for me at least) worth it.

An early board (Spigot) had the choice of capturing onto RAM to avoid drop
outs., as then computers were slow.

bc

Pat Cooney wrote:

See answers below. --Pat Cooney

Note to others on the list: John's questions all concern converting analog
video to digital using a video-capture card in the computer. His questions
are less relevant if you use cameras that produce and record digital movies
internally. Then, the "capture" of the movie into your computer is merely
the transfer of digital data from the camera to the computer via Firewire or
some other means. See

http://muweb.millersville.edu/~pjcooney/making-movies/

for more information on all the various possibilities.