Speed of Gravity

Hugh Haskell wrote:
We all know what the author is talking about, but will the general
public?

I am a member of this list (so I should qualify as part of "we"), and I know
for sure that I am a member of the general public. I do NOT KNOW precisely
what the author is talking about. I read the article in hopes of
understanding( http://www.missouri.edu/~news/releases/gravitymeasuring.html)
but was not successful. Would someone please take pity on that part of
"we" that does not know what the author is talking about and provide an
explanation of how the "speed of gravitation" enters the measurement?

Don Polvani
Member of Physics L and the General Public