Re: The sign of g and course sequence

From: Tina Fanetti <FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US>

Now how do you do this when most books don't have this sequence and material introduced in another chapter reappears?

Exercise your right as an instructor to re-order the material in a more sound manner. Or do as I do, and use Matter & Interactions. ;-)

At a conference, I discussed a non-traditional ordering of material with a rep from one of the major textbook publishers and he literally just laughed in my face. He said such a book would never sell and make a profit. It's really sad to realize that publishers, who typically have no understanding of the content of the books they publish (for proof just quiz your book rep on his/her next visit) have more of an influence on content than even the authors.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner - Instructional Astronomy and Physics
Home Page http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/index.html
I'll never be able to afford a Lexus, but I do have a Mac. Same thing.
DO NOT USE MY EMAIL ADDRESS ANYWHERE ON THE WEB!