Re: The sign of g

Good question! It tickles the thought process, instead of simply
reiterating the same dogma in different languages.

I think that the first difficulty is in understanding the concept:
acceleration. I suggest that's where the initial focus should be, not in
paper and pencil terms, but in kinesthetic terms. When you are thrown
forward in your car, the acceleration in backward. This happens in two
circumstances: one, when braking; and two, when speeding up in a backward
direction.

This point can really be brought home in the sonic ranger lab where the
student is asked to duplicate a given acceleration pattern. Try it
yourself, it's a real whoop-de-doo.
Regards,
Jack