Funny Parsing of E-mail Lines

Ever since we switched to a different e-mail system at Bluffton College,
things I send to the phys-l list come back to me with lines wrapped in the
middle of words (rather than between words) and with an equal sign (=) at
the end of each line.

This does occur on messages I send to other lists or to myself or to other
individuals, as far as I can tell. I am not able to find any settings in my
e-mail software that seem to be responsible for this.

(1) Are you all seeing this in my messages, or is it just the copy that
comes back to me?
(2) Does anyone know what is going on?

Our college e-mail server is now accessed locally under Microsoft Exchange
protocol whereas before we accessed it as POP3.

Michael Edmiston
Professor of Physics and Chemistry
Bluffton College, Bluffton, Ohio 45817

edmiston@bluffton.edu