In-class Examples

Hi again all

When you give lectures, do you do the examples problems already done in the book for the students?

Usually I have been taking examples from different books that way the students have 2x the worked out examples but some of my former students complained.

What I was thinking this time around was to do end of the chapter problems. The book has like 60 problems. I can only feasibly assign 10 or so leaving plenty of problems, some of them which are interesting.

I was thinking about doing the ones that are interesting and the ones that I consider very good but too hard for my students as in class examples along with ones that look remarkably like homework problems.

I want to try and make this semester go better.
Ideas?
Tina Fanetti

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429