Re: Big money in the electrostatics biz

Dear Mr. Thorp,

as probably many of this list, me I don't agree with Mr. Beaty
claims on the possibility of defining an absolute Truth. I find
that too simplistic. Even more when we leave the domains of Physics
and step into the complexity of our social organization.

However, probably many more like very much William's interest in telling
us about, *what seems is a possibility*, to even avoid the use of
a key (see one of his last postings).

But, look, that's precisely the richness of such a forum like this
one! We argue, we expose our ideas to the criticism of the others...
Indeed, we wish to be criticised, to reply then to them, and so on.
At the end, one always has learned something more!

This is *one part* of *The Truth*: The aim is at learning, and this,
as the Greeks showed us a couple of thousand years ago, is best achieved
by criticism & argumentation. Anything is susceptible to be criticised!

I sincerely recommend you to take a few $ from your enterprise and
buy a book on the History of Human Thought. The one by Justus Hartnack
is a good one, but also any one that may be used at High School of first
year College level. Read it, make the effort to undertand it, believe
in it, and you'll get more richer than you'll ever get with your ZapNo...

Or may be not, who knows? Because this is *another part* of *The Truth*:
it's not clear what *The Truth* is, but it changes with time and
location...

In any case, come then back to William's original posting, and you'll see
you can cope with it. Because here the aim is at *ideas*, and this has
an easy defence: arguing, exposing other ideas!

Please, stop threaten this list with any legal actions or trying to impose
*your rules* of *how* and *when* we should *forget* or not anything.
The spirit of such a list reflects on the fact that you still have the
oportunity to argue againts any of Mr. Beaty postings about your product.
This is true, although with a few rules: please, do not spam this list
with just *opinions* of what you think about Mr. Beaty's arguments; on the
contrary, try to enlight us by providing new facts, new data, new
information this list missed, and which may speak in favor of your
claims. Search the web, read a book, or ask a friend.

Notice that, not only Mr. Beaty's postings will stay for public access,
but also yours! Thus, we'll let the informed readers to decide which
position to adscribe to. In this way, the purpose of the public
accessibility of this list will be achieved: to help others to learn
and madure by taking *their own* decisions based on *the information
they got*.

I sincerely wish you enough success and nice readings.

Best regards,
Miguel A. Santos

PS: I'm convinced you're intelligent enough to find some weekness on
Mr. Beaty's arguments. Don't get too excited in your writings and try
to expose his incorrectness clearly and with enough detail. The clever
reader will notice that and will apreciate that. In this way, you'll
gain even more buyers than before.