Re: large copper washers?

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, William Beaty wrote:

I'm looking for a source of flat copper washers with 3/4" or 1" inside
diameter (and hopefully fairly thick, like 1/8" or better.) I found
online references to these in bronze, but this is for a Lenz law device,
and the resistivity of bronze is very high compared to copper.

Anyone know of a possible supplier?

you might try using the copper gaskets used for vacuum joints
(originally known by the Varian brand name of Conflat). Try
www.mdc-vacuum.com They come in sizes to fit various flanges.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College