AAPT Update 2002 Number 7 (fwd)

AAPT Update 2002 Number 7

This news summary is a service to our members and is from the Executive
Office of the American Association of Physics Teachers, College Park,
Maryland.

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR AAPT AWARDS
The AAPT invites nominations for the Association's various awards. There
is no particular deadline for the awards. The nomination for a particular
award should be in a form of a letter describing in detail the nominee's
contribution to physics and/or AAPT and how these contributions relate to
the specific awards. For specific award descriptions, as well as
information on where to send nominations, please go to
http://www.aapt.org/aaptgeneral/awards.html.

AOL Link: <a href="http://www.aapt.org/aaptgeneral/awards.html";>
AAPT Awards</a>

REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR BOISE MEETING, JULY 14, 2002
Register for the 125th National Meeting by July 14 and save as much as $25
over the On-Site registration fee. No pre-registration applications will
be accepted after that date. More information can be found on our website
at http://www.aapt.org/meetings/125th.

AOL Link: <a href="http://www.aapt.org/meetings/125th";>
Registration Deadline</a>

WE NEED YOUR INPUT!
AAPT is working to improve the Physical Sciences Resource Center (PSRC),
and we would appreciate having your input as we get started. Please take
two minutes to answer our brief survey at
http://www.psrc-online.org/survey.

AOL Link: <a href=" at http://www.psrc-online.org/survey";>
PSRC Survey</a>

PHYSICS EDUCATION RESEARCH (PER)
Previously offered as a supplement to the American Journal of Physics,
this special section will now be published each July in conjunction with
the journal. Look for the latest edition in Volume 70, #7 beginning on
page 750.

2002 PHYSICS OLYMPIAD TRAINING CAMP
The training camp week included six exams, three labs and four mystery
labs. Twenty-four students make up the 2002 Physics Olympics Team. The
five top members of the Team were announced and presented with a medal and
a scholarship check at a special event held the last evening at the
"Tribute for the 2002 U.S. Physics Team." The "Tribute for the 2002 U.S.
Physics Team" was held at the NASA Headquarters in Washington, D.C., and
featured keynote speaker Astronaut Dr. John Grunsfeld. Some of the other
highlights of the week for the students included a "behind the scene" tour
of the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, and a private screening at the
Smithsonian Air & Space Museum of the IMAX space film, "Space Station 3D."
For more information on the 2002 U.S. Physics Team, please go to
http://www.aapt.org/olympiad2002/.

AOL Link: <a href="http://www.aapt.org/olympiad2002/";> 2002 U.S. Physics Olympiad</a>

PHYSICS BOWL RESULTS
The 2002 Physics Bowl results are in! To view the Division I and Division
II winners, or get more information on the program please go to
http://www.aapt.org/programs/physbowl/.

AOL Link: <a href="http://www.aapt.org/programs/physbowl/";> Physic Bowl</a>

The AAPT Updates are archived on the AAPT web site
at http://www.aapt.org/updates

AOL Link: <a href="http://www.aapt.org/updates";>AAPT Update Archives</a>

The American Association of Physics Teachers
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD 20740-3845

E-mail: aapt-exec@aapt.org

http://www.aapt.org/