the Bill is overdue

John Clement wrote:

...[don't] be too hard on Bill Gates,

That's right, this is National Be-Kind-To-Psychopaths Week.
Fear and loathing resumes next week.

as he is giving people
many of the features they say they need.

We have the "feature" that the email system has become
a medium for the replication and propagation of virsuses.
Which users said they wanted that?

The fact that these features are
misused or that some users do can not handle the newer formats is not really
his fault.

Yeah, sure. Users do foolish things like reading their email.
For that they deserve to get their files ruined. They deserve
to waste a whole bunch of their time, and their friends' time.
They deserve to lose all their privacy.

You are in the position of trying to loan a CD to a person who
only has an antique record player. Both disks are round with a hole in the
middle, but there are no universal players for both. There are universal
players for virtually all format E-mail messages.

Helloooooo? I thought Microsoft is the vendor that is known for a
longstanding policy of systematically introducing incompatibilities,
to force users to upgrade even when it is against their interests,
and to place artificial burdens on competitors, again to the well-
documented disadvantage of users.