From: "William Beaty" <billb@ESKIMO.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: Time to retire?

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Rick Tarara wrote:

This phenomenon makes me very skeptical about internet based
learning (but then as most have gathered, I'm skeptical about a lot of
things! ;-)

Well, comic books are better than TV (that's how I learned to read.) And
internet-based learning could be nothing more than library books put
online, such as these sites:

Online books, by title
http://www.gutenberg.org/index/by-title.html

NAP books online
http://books.nap.edu/info/browse.htm

My own website is intentionally subversive: full of weird projects which
should be extremely attractive to kids doing science fairs... but with
huge amounts of text, and almost no diagrams. No bright colors to attract
them, just magical physics and word of mouth advertizing. I'm running at
150,000 hits per month right now, and it grows about 4x higher during
science fair season.

billb@eskimo.com http://amasci.com
Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 sciclub-list freenrg-L vortex-L webhead-L