Airplanes

Yesterday midday, as I was approaching DFW in the rear of a Boing Super 80,
I saw a vapor trail starting between the outer end of the flap and the aeleron.

It then occurred to me to make sense, as with the flap down that should
make a stronger vortex even than the wing tip.

But there was no trace of a trail on the port side, so I wondered what the
difference might be.

I don't suppose there is any chirality of water condensation?

Clarence P. Bennett
bennett@oakland.edu
Oakland University Physics
111 Hannah Hall