Re: Time to retire?

Well, Rick, a few years ago I got blasted for an exam
question which was
a vector problem dealing with a sailboat and the wind
direction. I asked
for the direction of the wind with respect to the stern of
the boat. I was
taken to task by over 75% of the class because they claimed
they weren't
sailors and didn't know the stern was the rear end of the
boat. I'm not a
sailor either, but thought such a term was common knowledge.
It never even
crossed my mind when writing the question that would be the
difficult part.

Mike Monce

The obvious question is why didn't anybody in the class as to have the term
clarified during the test?

Joel Rauber