Re: Question about light and heat

At 4:25 PM -0600 5/2/02, Larry Smith wrote:
Some day all physics teachers
will agree on whether forces _cause_ accelerations.

To head off a whole bunch if off-the-main-point criticism, let me refine
this sentence to: "Some day all physics teachers will agree on whether
forces _can_ cause accelerations." (i.e. whether the F_net in F = ma
_causes_ the (non-zero) a in F = ma.) I already understand that when the
sum of the forces on an object is zero that the constituent forces aren't
causing any acceleration (because there is none).

Larry