Re: Advice for Tina and other rookies...

----- Original Message -----
From: "RAUBER, JOEL" <JOEL_RAUBER@SDSTATE.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>

I think this is a good idea and think it would be helpful if accrediting
agencies started requiring such a practice in transcripts. I think this
would be a kinder gentler approach (even if less effective) to addressing
the problem, rather than mandating certain grade averages, one does have
classes that are significantly better than average, particularly for
smaller
ones at the advanced level (the other side of the coin is present as
well).

My thought was to have 'mandated' school-wide and _maybe_ departmental
average grades--not by individual course.

Rick