Re: Question about light and heat

Uhm okay.
We were discussing electrons changing levels and she said that the electrons could be excited by heat.
And I said it is light
That is all not that complicated

ANd then we started talking about Infrared band. That's light not heat

She asked if light and heat were the same thing since they were both
energy. Light energy would be like a photon and heat is internal
energy.

My instinct says they are the same but I don't think that is right.
But I can't seem to put my finger on why though.

Tina
Your question is too broad. Please narrow it a bit.
Light consists of radiations of visible light as well as
other types such as ultra-violet and infra-red. I'm
really not sure what you mean by "heat".

Herb

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429