Re: The blueness of water

It appears Beer has to do with the concentration (absorption is a linear function
of). Lambert gave a theoretical justification for Bouguer's experimentally
discovered exponential law, published the year after Lambert's birth.

bc being half French uses Bouguer's law (Jenkens and White must also be French.)

Brian Whatcott wrote:

I do indeed. the altonyms Beer's, Beer-Lambert and Beer-Lambert-Bouguer
each seem to have their adherents.

Brian W