Test Writing

Hi all.

I am about to give up. I have a class of students that are in vocational programs, mostly electronics.

I do not seem to be able to write a multiple choice test they can pass. I get the test questions from their textbook's test bank or from a different test bank of a similar level. (In this case Hewitt's Conceptual Physics)

I cover all the stuff that is on the test in lecture.

Granted it is not word for word and they may have to think.

I can't get them to do better. I have no idea what to do next. They still have one more test before the final.

I don't seem to be able to make the test easy enough.

Help!

Thanks
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429