Re: I request teaching guide

Hello to all,
I am in a situation, whereby the temporary use of a Virtual Physics
Laboratory may be advantageous until funds are allocated for a Physics
Lab. where "real" experiments can be done. I will be teaching in a
private school (K-12) environment with limited resources. Does anyone
know of an affordable package for such a "virtual" lab?
regards,
Richard Chelvan.
p.s. I will also be teaching a group of 9-12 graders, basic electronics,
the use of microcontrollers, in earth measurements, industrial control,
robotics etc.
Why are large corporations supporting activities that encourage the
building of "robots" and then a competition whereby they are driven
remotely by the student competitor with radio control equipment supplied
to them? Why not teach these students the autonomous control of robots
with Microcontrollers that are programmed by them? Is there a
disconnect here or am I missing something?

rcarabaj@YPF.COM.AR wrote:

Dear Friends:

I teach physic in electronics engineering, and I have to accomplish a=
educational report stating advantages and disadvantages of the
" virtual physics laboratory", from a psychological and pedagogic p=
oint
of view . That is to say, which are the distortions in reality appra=
isal, that

a student could suffer using simulation software.

I suppose there must be aspects that a teacher needs to be aware of.

I would thank you much give me a guide in this topic, with opinions, =
or
indicating where to search, or whom to write.

My best regards.

Roberto Carabajal
Electronics Department
Universidad Tecnol=F3gica Nacional