Re: A Question on cosmic background radiation

In a message dated 3/27/02 3:09:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, jsd@MONMOUTH.COM
writes:

<< I would be very surprised if Hawking or Unruh considered the
cosmic background radiation to be the signature of any so-called
"creation event". It is the signature of something that happened
at roughly t=300,000 years (T=3000 K) in the standard model.
That's not t=0, not by a long shot.>>>>

John this isn't what I said or at least what I meant to say. I too would be
pretty shocked if Unruh or Hawking would say anything this bizarre. Certainly
the CMB is due to the "Big Bang" event, though I believe it's black body
spectrum was set when EM radiation decoupled from matter fields so they no
longer maintained equilibrium. This occurred circa 100,000 years or so after
the Big Bang. This point isn't relevant to the point I was making.
Nevertheless, I am now pretty convinced that d^2a/dt^2>0 has no effect on
the CMB spectrum. While I still harbor a degree of confusion on this it's
clear to me that the consensus of people who know a great deal more than I do
indicate that d^a^2/dt^2>0 just means that the CMB spectrum will red shift
that much faster. The effect I keep trying to find doesn't exist.

Cosmic background radiation is not the same as Hawking radiation.
No connection at all, as far as I can see.>>>

The only connection I was trying to draw was that if the condition of
da^2/dt^2>0 elevated the cosmic temperature due to an Unruh like effect than
this might blue shift the CMB spectrum which is a measure of cosmic
temperature. This is clearly not the case from everything I was able to find
on the CMB as well as what you posted. Of course the CMB is not due in any
way to Hawking radiation. I never ever suggested such a silly notion.

Bob Zannelli