Re: mag field of infinite wire

At 12:59 PM 3/27/02, Michael Bowen wrote:
Carl,

Here's something to think about, at least (not elegant, not a solution, but
perhaps a guide).

Assume a magnetostatic situation (by which I mean constant current and no
changing electric fields). Further assume that the current density is in
the positive z direction. The current-carrying wire may be cylindrical and
have arbitrary diameter.[ ] I'm on spring break and my books are at school.
Maybe a list member can check this.

--MB

A list member comfortable enough to write in the sheer pleasure of it: and a
list that can be relied on to treat the result kindly are a jewel of great
price.
Great, because this kind of effort is so helpful to folks more (rather much,
much more) tentative in their efforts to speak the language of the
spatial descriptor of the intangible.

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!