Re: Virtual and Real Images

Hello all
No matter how I try to explain it to my students, I can't seem to get=
across the differences between a real and virtual image.

Tina:

My students find the JAVA applet at:
http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/java/Lens/lens_e.html
to be very helpful when examining ray optics and visualizing the
optical processes. Several of my students report an "AHA" with their
understanding of image formation playing with that program.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner