Re: Ball Lightning

Old Sci. Am article reported on ball lightning, which I presume is the same as
discussed. Only detail I remember was the report by a reputable Victorian that
its dissipation in a container of water brought it to boiling, thereby the
article writer calculated its energy.

bc

P.s. Dimmer memory of a colloquium on ball lightning (@ USC ca. 1959/60). I
remember there being a discussion of the typical E necessary to create and
whether USC's Klystron driven LinAc's E, just brought on line, would be
sufficient.