Re: Thermal Energy - thermalization of rotational energy

. . .
Oh well, let's go ahead and say it. Can an isolated system, on it own,
without intelligence or intelligently-rigged devices, convert non-random
rotational energy into a more random form of energy? If we sidestep the
intelligent-design evolution discussion, it seems astrophysics offers
examples of this. Gravity provides the coupling that enables this. . .
.
Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D

Sure, Michael. You answered your own question. I would assert that
whatever man can do by intelligent design nature can do by "circumstance"
(or whatever you want to call it).
(On a more philosophical bent, I might assert that man (along with his
brain and hands) is part of nature - but I won't go there.)

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor