Re: Writing Physics Labs Part 2

Tina,
I think most of us search for others who do labs similar to what we intend
to give us ideas. We then write the labs to fit our institutions and
equipment. Many institutions have their labs described on the web which
gives a starting point.

Tina Fanetti wrote:

How do I write a physics lab? I am real serious here. Most of our l=
ab equipment comes from Pasco which comes with sample experiments. H=
owever some of our equipment doesnt.

Like we have unknown resistance boards. I am not sure how to write a=
lab for them to do.

And I have just got some UVA light sensors and I am unsure how/what t=
o have the students do with them. The obvious thing is to take them =
outside but we have cord/computer issues.

So I guess what I am asking is how do you start a lab write-up from s=
cratch?

Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429

--