Re: energy in the tank

John D. wrote:

I could easily choose an energy reference 100 eV
lower than yours, and say that the bond stores +95.5 eV,
on a scale where the isolated neutral atoms stored
+100 eV. Everything is relative.

I hesitate to stick my nose into this debate especially since I have been
taking your side in the discussion but would it be correct to say that the
bond stores +95.5 eV? Wouldn't it be more correct to say that the bonded
atoms store +95.5 eV on a scale where the isolated neutral atoms stored
+100eV?

Cliff Parker

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think. Niels Bohr