Re: strong and weak forces

Joe Heafner wrote:

Do approximate analytical expressions for the strong and weak nuclear forces exist?

Yes. (Assuming you're not being nit-picky about the definition
of "analytical".)

What about for the electroweak force?

Electroweak experiments agree with QED theory to 12 significant
digits. I hope that's good enough.

http://www.google.com/search?q=electroweak+significant+digits

BTW, we know QED is just an approximation. The methods used
are not exact. They are guaranteed to fail if extended beyond
137 digits or so. But I'm not gonna worry about it right now.

As for the strong force, the corresponding theory is QCD,
quantum chromodynamics. It is not as accurate as QED, but
it's reasonably quantitative, and has made some spectacularly
successful qualitative predictions.