Re: spouting resonance bowl

I've played with one and the oils on your hands will interfere with it.
This is how to do it.

#1. Pour rubbing alcohol over your hands and rub them together.
#2. After washing your hands in rubbing alcohol, dry them off.
#3. Ligthen moisten your hands with water.
#4. Gently rub the palm of your hands over the lip of the bowl in an
alternating back and forth motion (one hand moves forward while the other
moves backwards).

This should work, but the key is removing the oil using the rubbing
(isopropyl) alcohol.

Dwight Souder
Crestview HS
Ashland, OH

kyle forinash wrote:

Well I bought one of those resononce bowls that are suppose to spout
water when you rub the handles. I saw it working in a movie so I don't
think I was taken (yet!) but I can't get it to work. Can anyone point me
in the right direction? (It did not come with directions.)
Life is too short to sort socks.
kyle forinash kforinas@ius.edu
http://Physics.ius.edu/