Re: Colors

On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:48:15 -0700 Jim Green <JMGreen@SISNA.COM> writes:
Is there any data which would indicate that when a group of us look
at the sky that we all have the same sensory experience? Yes we all
have agreed to call the sky "blue" but can it possibly be that when I
see
"blue" that I have the same sensory experience as when you see a fig
leaf
and you say "green" -- or a Camaro and say "red"?

This is a very good question that philosophers have been asking, perhaps
since humans first appeared. However, it is well known that many people
are "color-blind". That is they are unable to tell apart red and green or
yellow and blue etc.Consequently it stands to reason that the sensations
that people get
when viewing different colors varies from person to person.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we still see RED when viewing the remains of the World trade
Center)