Re: Costs of textbooks

At 7:43 AM -0500 12/14/01, Spagna Jr., George wrote:
I, too, decry the high cost of text books, yet ...

Some factors missing from this thread on textbook costs is the role of the
used book industry, the federal tax codes, and the widespread production of
"instructors' resources."

Those test banks and CDs and transparency sets and websites cost money.

I think I may be in a minority on the list, but I like, use, and consider
pedagogically helpful many of the "instructors' resources." I especially
like really good (i.e. instructive) transparencies.

Larry