Joe Heafner wrote:

From: Laurent Hodges <lhodges@IASTATE.EDU>

The cost of textbooks is worrisome to me. We had a lecturer plan to use

cut --

Publishers are just as much an obstacle to the adoption and use of innovative texts as anyone else. They won't push what they don't think will sell. At a conference about two years ago, one rep (not from Wiley, but another well-known publisher) told me that textbooks that stray from the status quo typically won't get picked up by a major publisher ONLY because they know it won't sell in great quantities. This is a disgrace. I see this as a big reason authors are hesitant to create truly innovative textbooks.

Cheers,
Joe

CVAC Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/cvac.html>
My Book <http://www.willbell.com/new/fundephcomp.htm>
My Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/>
Please -- no Microsoft attachments. They're a security risk.