Re: ENERGY WITH Q

I suspect that "'non-pretend' energy" and "'pretend' energies" are
not "proper vocabulary". In fact, the practice of distingishing PE
from KE by calling one of them "pretend" and the other "non-pretend"
is *very* misleading.

I warned Robert that some on the list would try to take us into a
hyperspace quantum mechanical galaxy of sorts. Folks that is well off
topic. This is an intro question.

Robert is quite correct PE is a pretend energy. It is really conservative
work which some like to call energy and in the process try to make energy a
reified substantive fluid which flows. PE is potentially energy -- ie the
potential to increase the level of the property of energy of a system. It
is not energy in the same sense that KE is.

In the collision between particles KE is always conserved. Conjure up a
hyperspace scenario as you will or erroneously treat energy as a fluid and
you have a discussion in which I don't participate.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen