Re: Voting on LIGHT (was energy with Q)

At 10:14 AM 11/14/2001 -0400, Tim O'Donnell wrote:
I thought that is pretty clear cut.
Light (all electromagnetic) is comprised of photons (particles)

that also can be treated (modelled) as if they are waves or rays depending
upon the phenomenon under consideration. What I remember is that for a
visible light laser (that is obviously fairly coherent), the envelope
defining the photon is on the order of a meter. Thus there are more than a
million wavelengths of light in such a photon. Can someone else verify
this; it has been a few years since I have looked at this.

Richard Bowman
Dept. of Physics
Bridgewater College, Bridgewater, VA 22812 USA
http://www.bridgewater.edu/~rbowman/