Re: ENERGY WITH Q Here's my VOTE

There do not seem to be many people voting.
Given the choices, I would vote for 1; but I prefer the clarifications:

Heat, as a noun, is the PROCESS where energy is transferred between systems
due solely to a difference in temperature. Its use as a noun seems
necessary since it is a process different from work.

Heat, as a verb, means to increase the temperature of a system by any means,
i.e., work or heat(both nouns).

Internal energy is all the energy of the system not dependent on the motion
or the position of the center of mass.

Thermal energy does not seem to be a necessary phrase. If I had to use it,
I would use it to name the energy that is transferred during the process
called heat.

Larry Smith wrote:
Let's take the vote.
How many think
1) heat is energy transfer due to temperature difference?
2) heat is internal energy or thermal energy?
3) heat is not a noun?

Nick Steph
Franklin College