Re: Teaching loads

Do you want what we should have to do, or what we really are (stuck) doing?
:^)

Technically we are to do 15 cr. per semester. We get 3 cr. for a lecture
section and 2.5 for a laboratory section. The lecture section is any size (no
grad. students, no graders, no help). The labs are no more than 20.

That means we always do an overload: 3 classes with lab - 16.5. I also teach
in the computer area, so I get even more bogged down -- doing 18 - 22 cr. per
semester.

Peter Schoch

Mariam Dittman wrote:

Greetings all,

My college (public 2 year transfer institution) is looking at workload
again. I would like to know what your work loads are so that I can get a
feel for what is common and/or acceptable. Specifically what are the
expectations for teaching lectures & labs and what are the expectations for
service and professional development?

Mariam Dittmann