Value of Homework

Hello all
I am currently thinking about next semester. I was wondering, how many assign homework, collect and grade it? How many just assign the problems and expect the students to do them on their own (ie not for a grade)?

For those that don't have a specified recitation section for your class, like at a community college, do you spend class time going over the homework problems? How much time?

Thanks very much
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429