Re: ENERGY WITH Q

Mr. Green seemingly avoids discussing "energy transfer" only because he
uses the word "work" as a codeword for "energy transfer". The concept is
the same; the equations are the same; only the words have changed.

That would be Professor Green and Professor Green uses no code words. He
says what he means. If there are code words here, it is John who is using
the code words "energy transfer" for the concept of work. But I do not
think that the two phrases imply the same ideas. "Energy transfer", as we
have said many times, leads the hearer to think of a flow of something --
real of imaginary. Work gives the picture of action of one system on
another. In my mind they are not the same. And the phrase "energy
transfer" is misleading at best.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen